Tuesday 16 September 2014

INTRODUCTION

Hello Hello =)

My name is Stephanie Rattan and I am from the beautiful island called Trinidad and Tobago. I have created this blog as part of a project that I am required to do for one of my classes at school. 


As seen in the description above, this blog will place primary focus on the 2014 trinidad+tobago Film Festival (ttff). The festival is a yearly celebration of film from and about Trinidad and Tobago, the Caribbean and its diaspora. This year's festival spans from the 16th of September until the 30th of September and the film lineup includes:


  • CARIBBEAN : feature-length narrative and documentary films from the Caribbean, the diaspora, as well as films by international filmmakers made in and about the region. 
  • PANORAMA : feature-length narrative and documentary films from heritage countries of Trinidad & Tobago, including India, countries in Africa and Europe, and, for the very first time, the Middle East. There will also be films from Latin America, Canada and the USA. 
  • SHORT AND MEDIUM LENGTH FILMS : films under 30 minutes in length (short films) and films between 30 and 60 minutes in length (medium-length films), that are from the Caribbean and its diaspora. 
  • NEW MEDIA : the ttff annually screens a selection of video art and experimental films and is presented in collaboration with ARC Magazine. 


Last year I had the great pleasure of attending the Film Festival for the very first time and I have never forgotten the experience. I went to see a Jamaican film called, "Kingston Paradise" as part of another school assignment and I was very very surprised at what I saw. At first, I just went because I was supposed to, but after 5 minutes into the movie..I was captivated and wondered how and why I never attended the film festival before. The movie was entirely intriguing, never was there a dull moment. 

So for those of you who have never seen a movie from the T+T film festival, you really don't know how much you're missing out on. If I were you, I'd try to find one of the movies online if possible and take a look..I can assure you that you won't regret it. For those of you who are here in Trinidad and Tobago, do attend this year's festival, I can promise that the experience will be worthwhile. 


So, this year when I was told that for a school project I am required to blog on a certain topic, I immediately knew, without a doubt, that I wanted to start a blog on the T+T Film Festival. I really believe that this is something truly worth talking about. I will try to see as many movies as possible, from each of the four categories available and will critique the movies on this blog. 


This blog will be partnered with my facebook page, youtube channel, flickr account and much more. This post is just an introductory one, my follow up post will include all other social media that I will be using for this project and I will provide links for them here, so that you can easily access them and share this experience with me and join me on my journey. I will also be posting the schedule for this year's festival and which films from the festival I will be watching on what days, times etc. So look forward to all of that ok.


I really am looking forward on embarking on this journey and I invite you to come along with me and share the experience. You can also comment below and let me know if there is a particular movie from this year's festival that you would like for me to watch and review..


Thanks for reading! Hope you're excited as I am.. =)

Talk to you all again very very soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate