Monday 17 November 2014

FILMS DEALING WITH ISSUES ON SINGLE PARENTING #1: BEHAVIOR (Collab with Olivia Andrews)

Hey all! Today’s blog will be about films from the film festival that were based on single parenting and children from broken homes. 

One of the movies that were shown at the festival that dealt with single parenting was Behavior. For this, I asked fellow blogger Olivia Andrews, who’s blog is focused on single parenting, to review this particular movie for me from the perspective of a single parent herself.





Read Olivia's review below :
I love going to the movies, it is now something that I have passed on to my little girl, as she is quite the film bug who loves comedies and remembers very well. I loved the movies so much that when I was younger I decided to work for a while in the industry. I worked at MovieTowne for two years and would have seen the advent of the film festival.

Back then the movies were much cheaper, I would look at a film each day and was quite intrigued by them. I laughed when they laughed and cried when they did. My favorite film was one called “Rain”. In recent times and last year’s favorite “God loves the fighter” another one that I enjoyed from a while back was “Beast of the southern wilds” I love films where there is victory over the obstacles that we face, tales of struggles.

This year my favorite was of course the one that came out victorious, “Behavior.” This film told the story of a young man who lived with his mother who was a single parent and was on drugs. They shared a small two bedroom which they made work, He had to get a job as a dog walker and caretaker for a man who is suspected of being his father.

Sometimes all we need in life is a chance a to be who we are and really shine through. As parents we have to strive as hard as we can to provide for our children all of their needs, it is sad when children become the care takers of their parents because they do not have a chance to live their lives and be kids. Fortunately for this young man, the teacher saw potential in him no matter how much he messed up she was always there for him and in the end this is all he wanted; someone to be there for him.
The show was filled with single parents roughing it somehow in a new place. They all had to adjust, there was a man that was raising his daughter on his own and because they were from Palestine, they were often picked on, the teacher was also a single parent who had a daughter.

In the end what I learnt from this film is that only when you give up on a child is when they give up on themselves, sometimes the road is long and wary but we have to try and leap those hurdles. Of course there are going to be times when we may trip and fall but we must complete the race.

So readers, hope you enjoyed what Olivia had to say. I sure did, quite interesting and I would just like to thank Oliva Andrews for taking the time to do this review for me. 
If you would like to read more inspiring posts about coping as a single parents, click here to go to Olivia's blog!

Also, see below for the trailer for Behavior


Stay tuned for my next post discussing another film based on children and single parenting. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate